English with Jack courses are designed to meet the needs of working professionals, students, or anyone who wants to activate and improve their English language skills. All meetings are well prepared and provide a relaxed and activating environment that is proven to be an efficient way for rapid results.
Jack believes that excellent spoken language does not consist of only adequate vocabulary and clear sentences but that the language should be alive and interesting. Using metaphors when describing complex issues makes an impression and catches the attention of listeners.
Improving language skills can be done far from the classrooms. Jack is interested in using improvisation rehearsals and natural situations to activate learners’ skills.
One to one training
Increase your vocabulary, practice your listening comprehension skills and learn to speak fluently in different social situations at work and during free time. Tailored one to one training with a native English teacher is an effective way to practice your English in a relaxed yet focused environment. Training is based on your needs and interests and will be directed in the areas you want to improve.
Private lessons last usually one to two hours.
- Activate your vocabulary
- Improve improvisation – you never knowing who’s coming to say ‘hi’
- Practice listening comprehension skills
- Sessions are relaxed and in friendly environment
- Tailored for your needs and interests
- You have to be active yourself (no magic wands included)
Small group training
Being able to participate in group discussions is a vital skill when interacting in an international environment. The aim is to give the participants confidence through the feeling of having communicated successfully with others. We practice interactive communication by discussing interesting topics. The participants receive timely and accurate feedback on their performance. Small group training can be arranged each week or every two weeks, minimum of two hours at a time.
- Arranged weekly, biweekly or monthly
- Confidence while communicating with Jack or others in small groups
- Interactive communication by discussing topics of interest to you
- Sessions for 60, 75 or 90 minutes
- One-to-one or small group training
- Timely and accurate feedback on your performance
- Vital skills when interacting in international environment
Facetime, Skype, WhatsApp (easy to use)
With the freedom offered by technology, you can now enjoy one on one English online lessons in the comfort of your home or office. All you need is Skype (free to download and use), good internet connection and a headset or built-in speakers, microphone and camera. Learning English via video chat is exciting and effective. Focusing on fluent speaking and listening skills, each lesson is customized to meet your individual needs.
- Online at home or office
Impressive presentations in English
For professionals today, presentation and public-speaking skills are more important than ever. Training gives you confidence in using the right terms and expressions and makes you feel calmer when taking questions before, during and after the presentation.
- Discuss the purpose of the presentation
- Practice the vocabulary
- Prepare audience-friendly visuals
The language of meetings and negotiations
Feeling comfortable at meetings and negotiations helps to build relationships that matter and achieve better outcome.
- Learn language solutions for chairing and participating in meetings
- Practice negotiation skills
- Vocabulary and word usage
- Introductions and small talk
Understanding cultural differences is essential for building and sustaining international relationships. We will learn to be aware of the differences and rehearse how to deal with them.
- Using names
- Sharing personal stories
- Email and telephone communication
Tutoring for middle and high school students
Well-prepared lessons meet the student’s individual needs. Tutoring is a relaxed and enjoyable way of building confidence in using English and improving grades.
Lessons last for 60 or 90 minutes and can be held at Jack’s office in Mankkaa, at a local library or at the student’s home.
- Tailored lessons
- Listening, speaking, writing, reading
Fun day camps
The most efficient way to build confidence in speaking English is to speak it. Day camps are designed for different age and interest groups. Activities vary from playing in a park and barbequing together to going to art exhibitions and discussing what we have seen.
- Speaking and interacting in real situations
- Learning while having fun
English for travelers
Speaking English confidently will make your journey a more enjoyable experience. The aim is to activate your English skills and prepare you to feel more comfortable in different situations that you will face while traveling abroad.
Training can be carried out in small groups or on a one to one basis.
- Activating English communication skills
- Preparing for social situations